8.1 The inspector shall:
A. open readily openable access panels.
1. installed heating equipment.
2. vent systems, flues, and chimneys.
3. distribution systems.
1. energy source(s).
2. heating systems.
8.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
1. interiors of vent systems, flues, and chimneys that are not readily accessible.
2. heat exchangers.
3. humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
4. electric air cleaning and sanitizing devices.
5. heating systems using ground-source, water-source, solar, and renewable energy technologies.
6. heat-recovery and similar whole-house mechanical ventilation systems.
1. heat supply adequacy and distribution balance.
2. the adequacy of combustion air components.